Share | 

My Rants on online play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~[Et]~Skilgannon
Inquisitor Of AltFire
Inquisitor Of AltFire

PostSubject: My Rants on online play   Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:32 pm

I know I've only been a member for a couple of days, but I have been playing for a little over a month, and I've noticed a couple of disturbing trends that have been annoying me constantly now, and I've reached breaking point.

***RANT MODE ENGAGED***Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad The first thing that's been pissing me off:
Foreign Noobs. Yes you heard me. Foreign. Noobs. I don't like to think of myself as a racist, mainly 'cause I'm not. I realise that most of the people I play with don't hail from my part of the world (UK), Prophet immediately springs to mind. It's not the foreign that bothers me overmuch, it's the sheer arrogance of them. They come on, get owned in the same way noob's have been getting owned since the dawn of online play, and either put out a barrel load of foreign words with poorly spelled English expletives, or a string of said English, then leave. IMO, if you're gonna play, and you're new, expect to get owned by the best in the game. If you're not going to be a good sportsman, and take defeat on the chin, and not spoil it for everyone else, then just piss off. Here's a number of annoying characteristics of FN's, that I've just about had it with:
A. They sign on, then just stand there doing nothing, which clogs the server, especially if they're laggy bastards. OVERDOSE did this just yesterday, fooled me into thinking there was a game active. EVENTUALLY found him in a spawnroom just standing there. Almost shot him out of spite, but what kind of ~[Et]~ would I be then?
B. They follow you around with a noisy and\or flashy gun shooting you and your teammates constantly. Not only is this extremely distracting ('cause it reds your view out), it's also bloody annoying when trying to hide from the enemy. (jonkiller immediately springs to mind Evil or Very Mad)
C. Constantly shooting your LAM's, usually while you're still in close proximity to them, often resulting in either no legs and red torso, or, more often, death.
D. Picking up the BioRifle, then plastering everything in Tarydium waste (yeah, I'm an anorak, sue me!), poisoning everything nearby. This is not only distracting, but makes it extremely difficult to fight 'cause your view's so badly obscured.
E. SENDING BIG SHOUTY MESSAGES LIKE THIS IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE, OFTEN IN TEAMSAY WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE DISTRACTING!
F. Not switching teams, even though they've been asked perfectly politely to do so because the game's suffering balance problems. I once saw a game that had teams of 7-3 just 'cause some FN's wouldn't bloody switch.
The second thing that's been pissing me off: Spawnkilling.
ScoutzKnivez especially seems to suffer with this. Even seasoned players come into a spawn room and frag everyone in it before they've even had a chance to get a gun in their hands, despite being repeatedly told not to.
The last thing: General lack of courtesy.
Killing someone who's stood still typing with a gun in their hands is one thing, you might not know necessarily, but time and again, I've typed "brb", entered it a few times to be sure, then lain down, only to come back a few minutes later to find myself dead. WTF? Did I not just say brb?! Am I suddenly not talking English?! Is my keyboard suddenly typing Swahili?! It's not like it could even be accidental, as it takes an actual effort to locate your target on the ground. Talk about a cheap noob tactic, that just takes the fucking biscuit!

Anyway, feel free to comment or rant back at me, I'm off. TTFN guys. Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad***RANT MODE DISENGAGED***

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bebo.com/Druss60
~[É]Réapèr~
Knight Of AltFire
Knight Of AltFire

PostSubject: Re: My Rants on online play   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:29 pm

Lmao you have to put up with Dicks like that i'm afraid to say 9/10 times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theenlightendclan.co.cc
~[E]Próphèt~
~The AltFire Prophet~

PostSubject: Re: My Rants on online play   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Yeah I know what you mean, especially the Typekilling is annoying me to a ridiculous amount. If I stand still, I'm typing... otherwise i'm constantly on the move. But these bastards don't seem to get the message.

And as spawnkilling on Scoutz in concerned. Yeah, get used to it, I used to do it too, but then realised: Hey, this isn't fair. Spawnkilling is a much debated issue in this community. Some (especially auggers) say: there's no such thing. But i hate it when ppl do it.

i'm pleasantly surprised by your attitude and not trying to give the ~[E]~ clan a bad name. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theenlightendclan.nightforum.net
~[Et]~Skilgannon
Inquisitor Of AltFire
Inquisitor Of AltFire

PostSubject: Re: My Rants on online play   Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:27 pm

Thanks Prophet, I do my best. Smile As for Scoutz, I kind of gathered it has its problems, but it's still annoying when it happens. I think, with the exception of a few Clanless players whose names I can't remember, players from the ~[E]~ and [FGS] clans are about the only ones who actually have a bit of courtesy towards everyone else. Just a shame it isn't repaid a bit more...

And you're completely right Sonic, 99.9% of the time, dicks are dicking around on the server. ROFLMAO! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bebo.com/Druss60
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rants on online play   

Back to top Go down

My Rants on online play
Page 1 of 1